9 Things I Hate About Getting Old
source: Dave's Daily
- That by the time most people have saved enough money to travel the world, they are too old to endure such a trip.
- When your childhood friend who was always better than you at everything is still better than you at everything.
- That it would be socially unacceptable, at your age, to wrap a Fruit Roll-Up around your pinky and suck on it for two hours.
- That future generations will look back on the early 2000s as an era in which we did nothing but look back at the 1970s and '80s.
- Remembering how people of your current age seemed so old when you were a child.
- When the agony of turning 40 makes you ashamed of how depressed you felt on your 30th birthday.
- That every time you come to accept your current level of hair loss, there's a more profound stage awaiting you.
- When your heart skips a beat, reminding you of its eventual failure.
- Watching the era you grew up in turn from the recent past to retro to history.